Tu Hi Tu

adeswal
Pro Member

Re: Tu Hi Tu

Post by adeswal »

Manav: She told me the same thing about you. (Silence and then,) My mom was right..I am too judgemental.
Armaan: I was not here when uncle and aunty..
Manav nods: I know.
Both of them start at the same time: Toh..(Then give a small smile and Manav gestures Armaan to continue.) Toh tu khush hain? Nisha ke saath?
Manav nods: Haan. I was..angry at first but later..(He shrugs.) Now I just think about ways and means to make her smile and laugh like before.
Armaan looks at his friend: Pyaar karne laga hain usse. (It was part statement, part question.)
Manav shrugs: Meri chod apni suna..Srutiji se pyaar karta hain. (Part statement part question. Armaan smiles and shrugs.) Bataya kya unko?
Armaan: We never talked about it explicitly but..I guess both of us know what we feel for each other.
Manav: I met her through Nisha. Gave her lift once..she is treating one of our employees at VM. (Manav finally turns and looks at Armaan.) She is a nice person..and Nisha says she is one of the best OBG in Ahmedabad. (Armaan nods. Manav gives a small grin.) At least both of your professions are the same. Meri toh..Nisha agar kuch bolti hain toh phir usko ruk ke usse translate karna padta hain. And she starts yawning when I talk about the company shares and upgrading the technology.
A soft laugh escapes Armaan: I can imagine. Par mera situation kuch aur hain. No matter what the occasion we end up talking about CGH and the patients.
Manav leans back on the bench with both arms propped on either side: Achcha lagraha hain yahaa itne saal baad..I didn’t expect..
Armaan cuts in: I don’t know if I can get over what Abhi did. Why didn’t you file the FIR Manav?
Manav: One reason. He was with you when I was not. He stuck with you when I did not. (A heartbeat of silence and then,) Uske gunaah ki sazaa milega ya nahi mujhe nahi pata..but I didn’t want to be the instrument that would only end up hurting you.
Armaan looks at Manav: Thanks.
Manav gives a lopsided smile: I got the door repaired for our house this afternoon. Planning to move back tomorrow evening some time. Shifting mein madad karega?
Armaan has a twinkle in his eye as he replies: Kyon? 40 saal ke umr mein kamzor padgaya kya?
Manav grins: Kabhi match khelke dekh mere saath. Pata chaljaayega kaun kamzor hain. (Before they realize their grins turn to chuckles and chuckles turn to laughter. finally they just hug each other and pat each other’s backs.)
Next day afternoon CGH:
Sruti and a few of the staff come out of the OT to find Manav and Nisha standing and talking quietly in the corridor: Hello Nisha..hello Manav.
Manav: Srutiji..Menakaji?
Sruti nods: She is fine. We took out the tumour completely and sent it to the biopsy. Filhaal she is still under anaesthesia. Thodi der mein ICU mein shift kardenge where she will be under observation for 24 hrs. Barring complications, she will be shifted to the regular room later on.
Nisha: Oh that’s good. Chaliye mein aap logo se baad mein milti hoon. OPD is waiting. (She looks at Manav.) Shaam ka program fixed hain na? (Manav nods and with a final smile at Sruti, Nisha leaves.)
Manav: I..uh..I spoke with Armaan. (Sruti nods with a happy smile as if to say “I know”) Can I ask you something Srutiji? You said “What if I come to know that he didn’t do anything.” Why did you say that?
Sruti explains her talk with Rohan and the conclusion she had come to: I didn’t say anything to Armaan because..
Manav completes the sentence: You didn’t want to give him false hope. I will help you Srutiji. Let’s talk to Rohan and see what we can do.

Chapter 16
Armaan walks into his cabin removing his surgical cap, still in his surgical scrubs only to come to a sudden halt. He finds Manav standing with his back to him and staring at one of the wall hanging. Manav also turns at the sound of the door opening. Both look at each other and smile at the once again familiar tableau. All those years ago, when Armaan had recently joined at CGH, Manav used to come whenever he wanted, just to chat and catch up.
Armaan closes the door behind him: Kab aaya?
Manav: Buss abhi abhi. Employee ka surgery tha aaj..socha tum se bhi milta chaloo
Armaan: Bait. Chai peeyega?
Manav: Canteen mein chalte hain na. Chal.
Armaan looks at his scrubs: Arre par..
Manav pushes him towards the door: Abe chal na. Baad mein change karlo. Mujhe office bhi jaana hain.(both men reach the canteen and get their tea before sitting at one of the corner tables.)
Manav: Abhi se baat ki?
Armaan shakes his head: Thoda time lagega yaar. I am too angry right now.
Manav nods then grins: Srutiji ko batadiya (It’s a statement and Armaan smiles and nods.) Proposed her?
Armaan blinks: What? No.
Manav: Why? (Armaan looks away as if he has no answer.) Karo karo..what are you waiting for? Today..nahi aaj toh tu mere saath rahega. (Armaan blinks rapidly and takes a sip of the tea in an effort to dislodge the lump in his throat. Both men remain silent as if they want to say some many things but not sure if they would ever find the words. finally Manav runs a distracted hand through his hair, clears his throat and resumes.) Take her out to dinner tomorrow and do it Armaan. (Armaan nods his ok with a slight smile.) Achcha sunn..apni gaadi laaya?
Armaan frowns: Haan. Kyon?
Manav: Toh tu ek kaam kar. Shaam ko aate waqt Nisha ko bhi leke aaja. I dropped her today so she doesn’t have a car. Then from there on, we will take the luggage and stuff..go home and have dinner. Kya kehta hain? I will tell Nisha to cook your biryani.
Armaan looks at Manav’s face silently for a few moments before nodding: Tujhe yaad hain? (Manav’s smile of response says he never forgot making Armaan’s eyes sparkle with genine happiness.) Teek hain. Shaam ko milte hain. (Both of them slap each other’s backs and leave the canteen to go to their respective jobs.)
That evening: Verma residence:
Manav looks aghast at the food items spread on the table: Aunty..yeh sab kya hain?
Nandini comes out of the kitchen carrying two bottles of pickles: Kya hain matlab? Yeh mitai hain..aur kuch chatpati snacks..aur yeh..tumhaare favourite achaar.
Manav: Par itne saare..
Nandini: Chup. Bilkul chup. Mein de rahi hoon aur tum lejarahe ho. Buss.
Manav gives a tired sigh which turns into one of relief as Armaan and Nisha walk in: Oh hi..aagaye tum dono. Cool. I think we need to hire a truck or something. (He gestures to the display on the table making Armaan grin and Nisha smile.)
Nandini looks at Armaan: Chai peeyoge beta?
Armaan: Nahi aunty. Thanks.
Nisha: Aaplog baaten keejiye mein change karke aati hoon.
Manav: Your big carry on is already in the car. And I am not bringing it back up.
Nisha scowls which makes him grin at her devilishly but she refrains from picking a fight after a hasty glance at the others in the room: Teek hain. Mein fresh hoke aati hoon. Phir nikalte hain. (Soon enough they load the luggage in Manav’s and Armaan’s cars since Nisha’s car was already parked in their house that morning on the way to CGH. Manav closes the trunk and throws the car keys at Nisha who catches in reflexively before he goes and settles himself down in Armaan’s car. Nisha and Armaan exchange a smile of understanding and in a minute both the cars, one with Manav and Armaan and another with Nisha and HK, leave for Manav’s home waving bye to Nandini and Yog.)
After dinner: Manav’s house: In the hall:
Nisha comes out of the kitchen wiping her hands. She looks at Manav, who is sprawled on the sofa and chatting with Armaan, as if unable to keep her eyes away from his relaxed smiling laughing face. the weight is off his shoulders and its obvious on his face.
Manav gives Armaan a look of open astonishment: You really learnt how to cook?
Armaan: I didn’t have a choice. London mein roz roz baahar ka angresi khaana kaun khaayega yaar. Its not as tasty as what I just had but..(He shrugs.)
Nisha softly intervenes: Aap log baaten karo mein ooper jaarahi hoon. Goodnight Armaan.
Armaan looks at his watch: I will also make a move.
Manav: Arre baito na..whats the hurry? (Then he turns to look at the tired face of his Chulbuli and his eyes turn tender and soft.) Took the water bottle? (She nods and shows it) Teek hain. Jaake sojao. (With another nod at Armaan, Nisha goes up.)
Armaan gives Manav a thoughtful look: You love her (This time there is no question. It is just a statement of fact.)
Manav shrugs: I guess so..kabhi kabhi ajeeb lagta hain. I loved her before too..not “love” love but you know..(Armaan nods.) But now I love her like..like..(Again Armaan nods.) In some ways she is the same Chulbuli and in some ways she is not..(His eyes dull a bit.) She still doesn’t talk about whatever happened in the last decade Armaan.
Armaan: May be she doesn’t want to hurt you or make you feel guilty..may be with you in her life now, the past has seized to matter. I think you should tell her that you love her.
Manav: I think she knows. (Armaan just looks at him making Manav sigh out) Yeah ok I will tell her. Tu pehle Srutiji ko bolke propose kar phir mein batata hoon. Ab kuch aur baat kare? Yeh goey goey stuff ajeeb lagraha hain. (Armaan laughs and nods.)
Manav comes up almost an hour later and stretches himself before cuddling up to her by pulling her back to his front. She holds his palm to her cheek with a soft hmmm and settles down. Manav stays awake for a long while after that. How do I tell you that I love you Chulbuli. Pyaar karta hoon tumse. Bahut zyaada pyaar karta hoon. (A frown gathers on his brow) But you do know that, right? Or do you still think I see you only as my friend and companion? You are all that and more. I love you..the woman you have become..the woman you have made yourself to be..you make my brain go soft, my knees go weak and every time I look at you, all I want is to be inside you. When you walk into a room, my heart damn near jumps out of my chest and when you smile.. (His arm tightens around her involuntarily.) When you smile I feel as if I have won some Nobel prize, your laughter lights up my life and your eyes..your eyes reach inside and grab my heart every time you look at me. I can’t tell you how much or in how many ways I love you..I don’t know how. I just know that I love you. (He is jolted out of his thoughts when she turns and almost climbs on top of him in her sleep..her fingers once again gripping his t-shirt as if making sure he doesn’t move away from her. He smiles to himself at his body’s predictable reaction and his hands start wandering over her body.)
Nisha mumbles: Tiger..
Manav: hmmm?
Nisha: Thak gayi hoon. hanky panky nahi. Sone do na please.
Manav chuckles: Hanky panky? Woh word kahaa se mila re tujhe? (But he realizes that she has once again drifted off to sleep. With an indulgent smile, he wraps her in a bear hug, digs his fingers in her hair and closes his eyes on a blissful sigh.)
Next day morning:
Rohan picks up his phone after checking the caller id: Hello Manavji boliye.
Manav: Hi Rohan. You have a minute?
Rohan: Ji kahiye.
Manav: Srutiji told me about Aditi being her patient and someone else being the father of her child.
Rohan: Ji. I am trying to contact her friends etc. Kyon? Aap ko kuch pata hain kya?
Manav: No. But I think I can help you. Why don’t we start with her college? I will email you the details of the year she attended, name of the college etc..she did her UG and PG at the same place. If you can get the year books of those years..they will have the class group photos etc, right? May be its one of her classmates..may be Srutiji can identify the person and we can go from there?
Rohan gets up: Achcha idea hain Manavji. Ok. Mail me the details and I will see what I can do.
Manav: Ok. Will do it right away. Thanks Rohan. Bye.
Rohan: Bye.
That night: In a restaurant:
Armaan looks at Sruti’s glowing face with unblinking eyes: You are looking beautiful today.
Sruti’s face becomes a cute mixture of surprise and shyness at the compliment: Thank you. Ek baat kahoo? (Armaan nods.) You are looking different today. Aaj tak meine tumhe aise pehle kabhi nahi dekha.
Armaan places his hand over hers on the table: Do I take that as a comment or a compliment?
Sruti looks at his hand on hers and slowly turns her palm so that their fingers get entwined: Tumhe sach mein nahi pata?
A few moments of silence and then Armaan says: Sruti..I want to ask you something.
Sruti: Haan poocho na. Waise today you are being very formal Armaan..opening doors, baat baat pe please..thank you..ab yeh..if I didn’t know you better, I would think you are nervous..aur sabse badi baat toh yeh hain ki..
Armaan cuts her: Sruti mujhse shaadi karogi? (Sruti blinks not sure if she has really heard what she thought she heard.) Mein tumse pyaar karta hoon. I love you. Will you marry me? (Sruti covers her mouth, blinks away her happy tears, nods her yes, laughs and nods again before managing a wobbly “yes”.) I know that you don’t like finger rings so..(he takes out a square box and extends it to her.) I got this for you. (Sruti takes it with slightly trembling fingers, fumbles with the catch before opening it. her slight intake of breath tells Armaan that he has succeeded in surprising her. inside is a thin platinum chain with a heart shaped diamond locket.) Its an engagement heart..instead of an engagement ring.
Sruti looks at him with her heart in her eyes: Thank you Armaan.
Armaan shakes his head: Thank YOU. For your love, your patience and your understanding. Thank you. Chale? (She nods, her smile still wobbly and both of them get up and leave the restaurant and Armaan guides her with his hand on her waist. A little while later, he stops his car in front of her house and turns to look at her in the dim light from the street lights. Wordlessly she extends opens the jewellery box and extends it to him. He smiles into her eyes before taking the chain, leaning forward and fastening it around her neck. She places a soft kiss on his cheek, whispers a “Goodnight. I love you” before getting down and running inside her house. Armaan remains sitting in his car silently for a few moments before smilingly taking out his phone and calling his best friend. No greeting. He just says,) She said yes.
Manav closes his eyes at the feeling of staggering relief before deliberately making his voice cheerful: Awesome. Congrats. Ab jaldi bol kaisi shaadi chahiye..grand one..simple one or register marriage?
Armaan: Woh sab baad mein. Meine boldiya toh ab teri baari hain.
Manav: Yeah yeah..I know. I will do it. Tomorrow. Kal uska birthday hain.
Armaan leans back so that the back of his head rests on the head rest. He closes his eyes: Achcha lagraha hain Manav.
Manav attempts to lighten the atmosphere: Kya? Shaadi ka idea?
Armaan: Nahi..buss..ab zindagi achchi lagne lagi hain.
Manav: Mujhe bhi. I will talk to you tomorrow. Ok?
Armaan: Goodnight.
Manav: Goodnight.
Armaan starts the car and drives home. Once inside his house, he stops near Abhi’s room as if undecided and then gives a decisive knock on the door. Abhi opens it, sees him and gives a hesitant smile: Bhai..
Armaan: Just wanted to tell you that I have proposed to Sruti and she has said yes.
Abhi’s whole face lights up and he gives an impulsive tight hug to his brother: Sach? Wow bhai! Congratulations! Tumhe pata nahi bhai ki mein kitna khush hoon..(The fact that Armaan is not hugging him back registers then. His arms slacken before falling away from him and he takes a step back. His smile slips off.) Congrats bhai. Sach mein aaj mein bahut khush hoon. (Armaan nods and turns towards his own room.) Bhai..mein bhi aapse kuch kehna chaahta hoon. I am going to shift to another apartment close by. (Armaan’s back stiffens but he doesn’t turn towards Abhi.) Galat mat samjhna bhai. I am not going to leave Ahmedabad or you. But I think for now, mera yahaa se jaana hi behtar hoga. (He forces cheer into his voice.) Lekin mein aata rahoonga. Aap se milne aur bhabhi ka haath ka khaana khaane.
Armaan swirls towards Abhi and slaps him hard across his face: Samjhta kya hain tu apne aap ko? You can do whatever you want and expect instant forgiveness for everything that you did and if you don’t get it you run away? NO. Tum YAHI rahoge. Issi ghar mein! You will live here and wait for my forgiveness. Is that understood Abhimanyu? (Abhi battles his shame and relief, bows his head and nods.)
Next day morning: AshNi’s residence: their bedroom:
Nisha stretches herself on the bed before rolling and flinging her arm towards her husband. She frowns and blinks open her eyes slowly when her fingers touch something soft. Her frown dissolves and in its place a beautiful smile dawns in her eyes and spreads to her lips. Then excitement takes over and she gives a small whoop and a squeal, almost jumps up to sit on the bed to look at the huge bunch of red roses and a greeting card under them. Tiger ko yaad hain!! Oh My God! Tiger ko yaad hain! He got me red roses! She bounces around on the bed a little before settling down and carefully picking up the flowers with both the hands. She smells them, rubs her cheek softly over the petals and kisses them before placing them back on the bed and opening the card. There is a swift intake of breath and it gets locked in her throat as she just stares at the card and her eyes take in the words.
You mean everything to me…
I love you..
Happy Birthday!
Have a day as special as you are!
Manav stands near the door and just watches the mirade of expressions chasing across her face one after the other. The slight frown, the smile, the slight disbelief and then the excitement. His feet had come to a shuddering halt at the sound of her whoop and her excited squeal almost had brought him to his knees. She brings the card to her lips and places a kiss where he has placed his signature in his bold scrawl:
Sirf tumhaara, Manav .
His measured steps slowly take him into the room until he is standing right in front of her. Her wide eyes slowly raise up until they meet his content and smiling ones. His eyes still locked with hers, he opens his arms. She gets up on the bed on her knees, puts her arms around his neck and homes into his embrace as if it’s the only place in the world that she has ever wanted to be.
Manav pulls her a little away from him by cupping her cheeks, leans forward and kisses her forehead: Happy birthday!
Nisha’s arms slide down and wrap themselves around his waist. She tightens her arms around him and lays her head over his beating heart: Thank you.
Manav: You don’t want to see your birthday gift?
Her arms tighten some more around him as she turns her head and kisses his chest right over his heart before lifting up her eyes to his: Aur bhi gift hain? (He nods and with one arm still wrapped around her, he stretches his other arm and pulls out a small square box from under the pillow. With a press of his thumb, the box opens revealing a beautiful diamond studded platinum finger ring. He removes it from the box and throws the box carelessly on the bed. Wordlessly, he opens the palm that’s wrapped around her waist and she places her left hand in his. He lifts it up and places a tender kiss on her palm before putting the ring on her middle finger.)
She wets her lips before saying: I love you too.
Manav’s fingers tighten around hers and his breath puffs out on a shudder: I know.
She looks at the ring that’s now gracing her finger and kisses it: Its beautiful Tiger. Her eyes become a little damp and she quickly blinks to clear her vision. Manav rubs his face in her hair as his lips search for the point where her neck meets her shoulder. Finally finding it, his lips pay homage before his tongue and teeth decide to join.
She tilts her neck to give him better access: Aaj office nahi jaana?
Manav: Jaana hain. Of course jaana hain. (He fingers start unbuttoning her night shirt.) Pehle birthday girl ko birthday suit mein dekhloo..
She pulls away from him with a laugh and hops down from the bed: Sirf dekhke kaam chaljaayega?
Manav raises his eyebrow and shrugs: Depends. What does the birthday girl have in mind?
Nisha’s eyes spark with pure mischief: Agar Tiger ne birthday girl ko pakaliya toh jo chaahe inaam milega..aur agar nahi..
She shrugs and jumps back with a shout just as he moves in to catch her. She puts her tongue out just to tweak the Tiger’s tail some more and runs towards the bathroom. But before she could close the door literally on his face, his palm stops it. His eyes glitter as he barges in right behind her and closes the door. Undettered by the fact that she has been effectively cornered, she picks up the hand shower spray and a second later the full blast of cold water hits his chest wetting his shirt and part of his face. But it doesn’t even slow him down. She keeps giggling and backing off alternately wetting his face and body with the shower spray. Uncaring, he closes in on her and before she could slip through, he catches hold of her hand that’s holding the shower spray and he turns it towards her own face. Her laughter gets cut off on a startled small scream and a moment later, the tussle is on: This is MY shower. I didn’t invite you.
Manav: Oh yeah? (he turns and calmly starts undressing.) So who is stopping you? Go ahead and have your shower na.
Nisha gives him a doubtful look: Game pause ok? (Manav shrugs and she puts the nuzzle on the floor and puts her foot on it just to make sure he doesn’t take it away from her before starting to hastily remove the wet clothes away from her body. She looks at his tightening features as each piece of clothing gets peeled off and she slows down to better relish his reaction.) I..I think this knot is stuck. (Wordlessly, Manav comes forward, picks up the scissors from the bowl at the sink and cuts the knot at her waist. She back up a step and completes her undressing.) Thank you. Now go. I need to have my shower. Kya dekhrahe ho? Jao na.
She knows she is challenging him with that statement and sure enough, a moment later, the whole bathroom is splattered with water and their wet naked bodies slide against each other. Neither of them can get a good grasp on any body part. At least, she can’t. She suspects he could have won the tussle at any time simply by using his size and strength and wrapping his arms around her. He holds back so that he can play at her level. But his hands are everywhere..on her breasts, the slight curve of her waist, her bottom while she laughs and tries to bat them away. The wrestiling match has a predictable effect on both them them and soon their laughter fades. Still anchoring her to him with one arm, he smooths a hand up her torso to cup her breasts and they both watch as his long fingers curve around the pale globes. He groans and bends his head, water dripping from his hair onto her skin as he kisses and sucks both breasts. She leans far back over his arm and her tight grasp on his shoulders conveys her own desperation. She trembles, not sure how long her legs would support her. Her soft moan of “Ma..nav” is answered by his own rough “I am here..I am right here!” He dips down and lifts her up until she has both her legs around his waist and her back to the wall. Instinctively, she bows back to aid his penetration, taking all of him deep within her. Her eyes flutter close but just then he gives her a small shake: Look at me. Nisha..I want you to look at me. (She opens them and locks them with his as he begins driving into her) Mine! Mine, aren’t you? (She nods jerkily and their movements pick up speed and climax hits them both almost simultaneously dissolving the world around them until its just the two of them and their love for each other.)
Later that day: At CGH: Nisha’s cabin:
Nisha picks up the phone: Hi Anu..
Anu starts an off key song making Nisha grin: Happy Birthday to you..happy birthday to you..happy Birthday dear Ni..sha..
Nisha: Thaaannkk you..
Anu: Jeejaji ne kya gift diya?
Nisha: Platinum finger ring. Tu shaam ko aayegi na toh dikhaadoongi. Waise tu aarahi hain na?
Anu: Of course aarahi hoon. Aunty called up this morning and invited all of us for dinner tonight at your maika. Ring kaisa hain? MMS karna yaar. Shaam tak kaun wait karega?
Nisha: Abhi I have to go to the OT. Baad mein kardoongi. Teek hain? Rakhti hoon.
Anu: Ok bye. Bhoolna nahi. Ok?
Nisha: Ok. Bye.
Anu: Achcha sunn..Rohan bhi aaraha hain kya?
Nisha: Yes. He called me this morning and I invited him. Mom ne bhi baat kihogi ab tak toh.
Anu: Cool. Ok. Bye.
About the same time: At VM: Manav’s cabin:
Manav picks up the phone: Haan bol Armaan
Armaan: Tu busy hain Manav?
Manav: Nahi. I have a call in 15 minutes. Bol kya baat hain
Armaan: Just wanted to ask..did you tell?
Manav grins: Haan boldiya. Tu bata tera kya situation hain? Shaadi ka date kuch fix hua?
Armaan: Nahi yaar. But neither of us want a grand wedding. Sruti ka koi khaas rishtedaar bhi nahi hain. Her mom died when Sruti was 3 years old and after her father passed away..
Manav nods: Hmmm..so two options left. register marriage or mandir mein shaadi.
Armaan: I was thinking register marriage and some kind of party for friends and staff of CGH..kya kehta hain?
Manav leans back and fiddles with his pen: Idea achcha hain. Less fuss. Par tu mujhse kyon poochraha hain? Apne dulhan se poochna.
Armaan also leans back in his chair: She says whatever I want is ok with her. (A bit of silence and then,) Manav..Abhi wanted to move away to another apartment somewhere.
Manav: Oh. You ok with that?
Armaan shrugs: I refused. I can’t think. Those 2 kids died in my OT Manav..and try as I might, I am not able to get over that. I feel..I feel responsible..but..it is Abhi and I can’t let him go like that.
Manav closes his eyes: May be I am responsible too. If I had heard you out, none of this would have happened.
Armaan: And if I had tried harder, I would have made sure you heard me..if I had paid more attention to him, I would have realised..
Manav: Enough Armaan. Stop thinking of ways and means to blame yourself some more. Ab buss. Aur nahi. Now just be happy. Be happy Armaan. Jo hoga dekha jaayega.
Armaan nods and sighs: Yeah..I guess so. Chal rakhta hoon. OT jaana hain.
Manav: Shaam ko aaraha hain na Srutiji ke saath?
Armaan: Haan. Aunty ne invite kiya hum dono ko. Will be there. Bada party hain kya?
Manav: Arre yaar nahi. Nisha hates them. Its just friends..hers and mine at Yog uncle’s house for dinner. That’s it. Teek hain phir. Milte hain shaam ko. Bye
Armaan: Bye.
Manav cuts the call, thinks for a bit before sending an sms to Nisha: Need to tell you something. Come home and we will go to the dinner from there.
Nisha replies: sure. Everything ok?
Manav: Yes. Nothing to worry.
Nisha: Will be home around 6.
Manav: Perfect. Ok. Love you
Nisha: :) love you too
adeswal
Pro Member

Post by adeswal »

Chapter 17
That evening: Around 5.30: Nisha Manav’s residence: Main hall:
HK walks into the hall from the kitchen: Bitiya mein jaau? CS ko wahaa pe madad ki zaroorat hogi na.
Nisha, who has plopped herself down on the sofa after coming from CGH nods: Teek hain Kaka. Aap auto mein jaayiye and we can come together on the way back. (HK’s exit and Manav’s entry coincide.) Hi..
Manav: Hi (He slings off the laptop bag on the chair before lying down on the sofa with his head in Nisha’s lap. Her fingers automatically run through his hair.) God! What a day boss! Honestly, I think now I understand why uncle could not manage this alone
Nisha: Kya hua? Koi problem?
Manav: Stupid problem. Client had some kind of technical snag on his end and the call that was supposed to last for all of 45 minutes took 3 hours.
Nisha: Why don’t you hire someone to help you out? I mean..your assistant or someone like that..
Manav smiles: Assistant nahi Dr Nisha..I have to hire a senior manager..and yes, I chose a guy yesterday. Zyaada experience toh nahi hain but he seems very flexible and hardworking. (Manav rubs his forehead.)
Nisha: Sar dukhraha hain?
Manav: Nahi..kuch khaas nahi..but feeling all drained out.
Nisha: Apna shirt utaaro (Manav raises his eyebrow and Nisha swats him on his chest) Uskeliye nahi. Take off your shirt and I will give you a massage.
Manav: But won’t we be late?
Nisha: No. We won’t. Now come on..move. I will go and get some baby oil. (And for the next 20 minutes, with him on the floor in the V of her legs and her sitting on the sofa, the only sounds in the room are his groans of pleasure as she first oils and massages his hair and then the forehead and then the shoulders and back.)
Manav, with his eyes still closed: Mom used to do this.
Nisha: I remember. One day when I was 10 years old, you were so tired after your basketball match that you made me stand on your back and walk.
Manav laughs: Yeah..dad was holding your hands so that you didn’t fall and mom kept scolding all 3 of us.
Nisha grins at that fond memory: You said you wanted to talk?
Manav sighs: I told Rohan that I would help him in Aditi’s case. I emailed him the details of her college, year of studying etc. (He tilts his head back to look at her patiently waiting expression. He turns and takes both her palms in his.) Nisha..I know that both you and Armaan..esp you, have suffered because I was too hot headed and judgemental to listen to your side of the story. You never told me but I know. I will always carry the guilt about that. I can’t change the past..but..I want to give Armaan a closure. With what Srutiji told Rohan..
Nisha nods: I think you need a closure too.
Manav once again puts his head in her lap and wraps his arms around her waist: I am not bitter any more Nisha. But yes, I would like to know what happened.
Nisha leans forward until her cheek is resting on his hair: I am happy that you have let the bitterness go. Now let your guilt also go Tiger. Whatever happened, happened. We can’t change it. Yes, I was hurt but now, wounds have healed and scars have faded. Mujhe tum milgaye..tumhaara pyaar milgaya..aur kuch nahi chahiye. Nothing else matters. You have time. You have already started rebuilding your friendship with Armaan. You are right. For all of us to let the past go completely, we need closure. We need to know what happened the night that changed all our lives.
Manav: You are ok with it, right? I mean..
Nisha nods: Yes Tiger.
Manav: Thank you Chulbuli.
Nisha pulls his head up and kisses his forehead just the way he does: You are welcome my hubby. Feel better now? (He nods. He really did look and feel better. 100 times better.) Toh chalo..you need a shower. Lets get ready and go. (She tries to lighten the atmosphere.) Mein kya pehnoo? Dress ya sari? (Manav smiles and shrugs. She pouts and pushes him away.) You never say anything! You never tell me “Yeh dress achcha hain or you look good in this sari” kuch nahi. So bad!
Manav tweaks her nose before getting up and pulling her up until both of them are standing: That’s because it doesn’t matter to me. hogi toh tum meri Chulbuli hi na (Seeing her getting ready for another temper tantrum he quickly adds on) Achcha teek hain..wear a sari today..wear that pink one.
Nisha rolls her eyes: Sari toh decide hochuka hain..but you come and choose the jewellery for me..come come come..arre chalo na..(She forcefully pulls an exasperated Manav along with her to their room.)
That night: Verma residence: After dinner:
Manav walks to Anu with the ice cream cup in his hand: Toh saali sahiba..aap ki sagaai kab hain?
Anu: After 10 days jeejaji..aaj hi decide hua hain. no excuses this time ok?
Manav grins: I promise..no excuses. (He looks at the smiling Vishaal.) Congratulations Dr Vishaal and..all the best!
Vishaal laughs and shakes Manav’s hand: Thank you Manavji. I think I am gonna need it..ouch..(He rubs his arm where Anu had just pinched him hard.) What did I say?
Manav grins and then turns towards Rohan: So Rohan how are things?
Rohan gives a quick look at Anu and Anu taking the hint nods and the couple move away: I got the year book from the college Manavji. The photographs have been enlarged digitally to get a better look. I think we should show them to Srutiji..(Both men look at Sruti, who is sitting and chatting with Nisha and Armaan.) I hope she recognises the guy. (Rohan turns to look at Manav.) I am tracing the foot steps of the sniper Manavji.
Manav nods: I won’t even try to dissuade you Rohan. Just remember that Abhimanyu himself is a criminal lawyer. You really think he won’t find a loophole?
Rohan ponders on that: He might. Depends on what and how that guy confesses and if there is any evidence that’s linking both of them. (A slight pause and then) We know that each of your confrontation with Armaan was followed by one attack but we might never get to know some of the details though..like the night he broke into your house..how did he know that HK won’t be there..
Manav thinks a bit: May be he didn’t..maybe he was just so pi..(With a quick look around) He was just so angry that he didn’t care and assumed that everyone would be asleep. Aur waise bhi kaka’s room is on the opposite side of the kitchen. Abhi knows the house layout..he came to our house enough number of times previously..he knows where the servant room is located..maybe that’s why he chose the kitchen entrance to break in.
Rohan nods: Makes sense. But all this thinking is pointless anyway. He won’t confess and we can’t implicate him in any of those cases for sheer lack of evidence. If you file a complaint for breaking in that day (Manav shakes his head. Rohan sighs with a mixture of frustration and resignation but nods. His eyes gleam in challenge.) I will get him Manavji. Once that guy confesses, I will get the court order to go through Abhimanyu’s bank accounts and stuff..everyone makes mistakes. Even a criminal lawyer!
Manav nods and extends his hand: Good luck Rohan. Now..Lets talk to Srutiji and fix up a time. We can come down to the station or..whatever works
Rohan: I will get the snaps..Let’s ask if we can come to her house some time tomorrow.
Manav: Will talk to her later and sms you. (Rohan nods and soon after that one by one everyone takes leave to go to their respective homes.)
Next day early morning: Sruti’s residence:
Both Manav and Rohan, in their track suits and knock on her door. She opens it almost immediately as if waiting for them: Hi. Good morning. Come in. (She gestures them towards the chairs and both men take their seats.) Sorry meine itni subah subah aap dono ko aanekeliye bola..I had a C section posted this morning and didn’t want to postpone this one.
Rohan: No problem Dr Sruti. (A slight pause and then) Before I show the snaps, I want you to close your eyes and try to think about the guy’s face. Think if there is anything specific that you remember seeing..like a scar or beard..something of that kind. koi jaldi nahi hain. Relax and take your time.
Sruti nods and closes her eyes with a frown. About a minute later, the frown deepens: Eyebrows. His eyebrows were joined in the middle. (She gestures to the area above her nose.) But I think if I can see the picture I will be able to tell you better.
(Rohan nods and extends the file. Sruti spends the next few minutes going through each and every face in that. Just when Rohan and Manav exchange looks as if to say this is not working, she points to one person.) I think this one. Haan. Yeh wohi hain. He had the same baby face with a pleading expression in it when he came to the hospital along with Aditi. (Rohan and Manav lean forward to get a better look. The boy really did have a baby face. Completely clean shaven, fair complexion, thick black hair and yes, bushy eyebrows. The name under it read “Suhaas Banerjee”.)
Rohan tilts the book towards Manav: Aap isse jaante hain?
Manav thinks and shakes his head: No. But then I didn’t know her classmates or even friends for that matter. I once went to her college and she introduced her close circle. (He shrugs.) I didn’t pay that close of an attention to their faces.
Rohan circles the snap and scribbles some notes before looking at Sruti: You want to see once again just to make sure?
Sruti shakes her head: No. I am almost 99% sure its this guy. Ever since you told me about this, I have been thinking and trying to remember his face.
Rohan closes the file and both men get up: Teek hain Srutiji. I will see if we can get the current address of this guy.
Manav: I will search in linked in and facebook. This guy did his MBA..his profile must be somewhere na..
Rohan nods: If anything pops up, let me know. Meanwhile I will go to the college and pull out some old records..see if some kind of permanent address is given. Chalte hain Srutiji.
Sruti: Sure you don’t want to have some tea or something?
Manav shakes his head but smiles: Abhi nahi. Once you and Armaan get married, expect me as a frequent guest at your place. (Sruti nods with a grin and soon both men leave.)
A couple of days later: One morning: Nisha-Manav’s residence:
HK looks up at the sound of running feet on the steps to see Nisha bounding over the steps: Arre arre bitiya sambhalke..(But his face splits into a happy smile as he sees Manav running right behind her.)
Manav: NISHA..ruk toh..listen to me..give me my keys. Nisha..der horahi hain mujhe..meeting keliye nikalna hain. Come on Chulbuli..(Nisha puts HK between her and Manav and just to be on the safe side, puts both the hands behind her back holding on the car keys. Manav sighs in irritation.) Kaka, apni bitiya ko boliye seedha seedha mere chaabi dede warna..
Nisha: Kaka..apne bete se boliye ki jab tak woh promise nahi karta mein keys nahi dene waali. (HK shakes his head with a grin and walks into the kitchen effectively removing himself from between them. Manav fairly leaps at her only to have her jump back immediately.) Pehle promise karo ki you won’t talk on the phone while driving.
Manav pulls out his headset to show her: I use THIS in case I have to talk.
Nisha: Not done. No phone while driving and that’s it. (Seeing him gritting his teeth she tries another track.) How long does it take to reach the office?
Manav: 15 minutes.
Nisha: Will VM collapse in that 15 minutes if you don’t lift the phone?
Manav: No but..
Nisha: Are your clients or whoever some kind of monsters who will eat you if you tell them that you are driving and hence could not pick up the phone?
Manav: No but..
Nisha pouts: Humaare shaadi ke baad pehli baar mein tumse kuch maang rahi hoon. Kya mere liye itna bhi nahi karsakte?
Manav rolls his eyes: Dr Nisha Mathur is resorting to emotional blackmail now? (Seeing her muted expression, he sighs in defeat.) Achcha ok FINE! I promise NOT to talk on the phone while driving. (She grins and extends the keys. He snatches them and pulls her ponytail) Ziddi ladki! (And almost runs out of the house on that note.)
That evening:
Manav gets a call from Rohan: Haan bolo Rohan.
Rohan: I found the permanent address of this Suhaas from the college records. Its 10 years old but I am going to give it a try. Ahmedabad ka hi hain. Sharma found out that only an old lady with the name of Vidya Banerjee is currently living there. I am going to go there now and talk to her.
Manav: I will also come Rohan (Then as if sensing Rohan’s hesitation.) I won’t open my mouth I swear. I just..Rohan..please.
Rohan: Ok. Meet me at the signal near your office at 6.30.
Manav sighs: Ok. Thanks.
Both of them meet at the assigned time and place and with Manav’s car following Rohan’s jeep, they reach the address which Sharma had given to Rohan earlier that day. There is no name board of any kind on the gate but since it has the house number displayed clearly, they open the gate and ring the door bell. After a few moments, the door is opened by an elderly lady of about 65 with a shock of grey hair and slightly bowed back.
Rohan: Ji Namaste. Mera naam Rohan hain. Yahaa ka SP. Kya mein aap se do minute baat karsakta hoon? (The lady nods and opens the door wider.)
“Baitiye.” (She carefully lowers herself to another chair..her expression almost resigned. Manav and Rohan take their seats.)
Rohan: Actually hum Suhaas Banerjee ke baare mein kuch information chahiye. Kya aap usse jaante hain?
“Woh mera beta hain”
Rohan nods: Aap Vidyaji hain? (She nods.) Kya aap bataasakti hain ki aap ka beta ab kahaa rehta hain? I need to talk to him about something that happened about 10 years ago.
She gets a faraway look on her face: Duss saal pehle?
Rohan: Ji. Daraasal tab Suhaas ki ek classmate ka khoon hua tha..
Vidya: Is this about Aditi?
Both Rohan and Manav get startled: Aap Aditi ko jaante hain?
Wordlessly, she gets up and goes inside and comes back after about 3-4 minutes and hands over a neatly folded A4 size paper and a dairy to Rohan. He takes it with a slight frown on his face and opens the letter to read. Manav also leans in.
May 2 nd
Meri maut ka mujhe koi ghum nahi hain. Jiss waqt mere gusse ne mujhse meri Aditi aur mere bachche ko cheenliya, mein toh ussi waqt mar gaya. Yeh toh sirf mera shareer hain jo ab jaaraha hain..unn dono ke paas..unse maafi maangne..unka saath dene.
-Suhaas.
Manav and Rohan look at each other’s faces. With a sigh, Rohan puts the letter aside and opens the book. It is obvious that it is some kind of dairy.
March 7 th .
I met Aditi today. Weird coincidence it was. I was just driving around and there she was coming out of someone’s house. I stopped my bike and asked if I could drop her home. she agreed with a smile and hopped on. For her, I am a friend. a good friend. She doesn’t know and I never told her how much I love her..or how crazy I am for her. Not once during all these 5 years. I asked her what she was doing so late at night. She told me one of her family friend had lost his father that day and she just came to make sure he is doing ok. But that guy was apparently drunk and completely out of it so she helped him to bed. I noticed her stumble while talking and I asked her if he misbehaved or anything..my anger boiled at the thought of someone..and she hesitated a bit and said all he did was throw away all his clothes and fall flat on the bed. It probably embarrassed the hell out of her so I didn’t press for more. I dropped her home safely and came back.
March 15 th .
Aditi came to my house today. I wanted to introduce her to my mom and dad but they had left for a wedding. She sat and talked about the results being out the next day and how nervous she was. Then somehow the topic went to boy friends and girl friends and who is having affair with whom in our class. She started teasing about how I never seem to look at anyone. “What you need now is a girl friend. a nice girl. I will choose one for you if you want.” she said. Something broke inside me when I heard that and before I knew I was on my knees before her and screaming and crying that I love her..have always loved her..I can’t think of anyone else because she is all I want. She cupped my cheeks and wiped my tears and before I knew, I was kissing her. I don’t know what she felt..surprise, shock or pity. All I knew was I was finally able to express my feelings and show her how much I love her. All I can remember now is the way she felt in my arms and the way I kept repeating “I love you Aditi..Aditi..i love you”
Guilt hit us both later. “It shouldn’t have happened Suhaas” she said and I agreed. She got dressed and left leaving behind memories that I think will last me a lifetime.
March 16 th .
Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man. I went and asked her if there was a chance that she and I..but her reply was very firm. “I love Manav. There has never been another person for me. I am sorry from the bottom of my heart but I really don’t know what had come over me yesterday. Please Suhaas. I want to forget it and move on. Please.” I nodded and backed off. I had no choice.
April 30 th .
I will never forget this day as long as I live. As soon as Vivek told me that Aditi’s engagement got cancelled the previous evening and that he had heard that she is pregnant, I went to meet her. She was on her way out. Said, she is going to meet her OBG. I walked along with her till the Metro Hospital. I asked her if what I heard is true. She said yes. I wanted to ask her if the child is mine..but hesitated. Then she looked at me and said “Its yours.” My feet took wings and I flew in the air. “My child! Mine and Aditi’s! A living breathing proof of everything that I felt for her. I am going to be a father! I will talk to Aditi’s father and somehow convince him for our marriage. I will be a good father and husband. I will never give her a reason to complain. Agreed, that she doesn’t love me now but friendship is a good foundation and with the child bonding us together, surely one day she will..” Lost in my own thoughts I did not realize that we had reached the hospital or that she went in for her appointment. I stood outside undecided whether to go in and talk to the doctor and make sure everything is alright or wait until she comes out, when her conversation with the doctor penetrated the dreamy fog of my mind. She doesn’t want to be pregnant. She wanted to abort! I barged into the consultation room and pleaded with her not to be hasty..to think it through before deciding. I knew I was creating a scene but I didn’t care. She can’t do this! I told her to relax, take a day’s time and think things through.
May 1 st .
I called Aditi just now. She said she is going to go ahead with the abortion. Nothing I say is making any difference to her. She says she doesn’t want her one mistake to ruin her whole life. I have to talk to her and convince her that what happened is not a mistake. The man she loves has abandoned her but I will take care of her and our child. She has to agree. She HAS to. She can’t kill our child. I won’t let her. I will convince her. We will be one happy family. She has to accept. I will go now..right away and talk to her in person.
That was the last entry which was made a day before Aditi’s death. Manav just closes his eyes and ploughs his fingers through his hair. Rohan closes the book before clearing his throat and asking: Aapne police ko yeh sab kyon nahi bataya Vidyaji?
Vidya looks at him with hopeless eyes: My husband had a heart attack and passed away two days after Suhaas committed suicide. I didn’t even know what was happening around me until much later. Then I came to know that there is no evidence against anyone and they could not make any arrest. Call me selfish but I didn’t want my dead son to be called a murderer. I would have come out if anyone was wrongly arrested but since that didn’t happen..I kept quiet.
Rohan: I would need to take this with me as an evidence Vidyaji. But I will try and keep the media out of it. (Vidya nods and both men make their way out of the house.)
Just before getting into his car, Manav turns to Rohan: I will tell Yog uncle to inform Aditi’s father. (Rohan nods and starts his own Scorpio.)
After about 20 minutes: At a coffee shop:
Rohan irritably looks at his watch and then again at the door. I told Sharma to meet me here in 10 minutes. Honestly, punctuality se iss insaan ka door ddor tak koi rishta hi nahi hain! Just when he is about the take his phone out and call Sharma again, a girl comes running into the coffee shop like whirlwind and her dupatta gets caught in one of the nails on the chair opposite to Rohan’s. With a startled squeak, she stumbles back and Rohan gets up and catches her with his arm around her shoulders, before she falls flat on her face. She blinks slowly and Rohan immediately straightens her and removes the dupatta from the nail: You ok Miss? (The girl nods but continues to stare at him, not bothering to hide her obvious interest.) Sambhalkar chaliye.
“Ji..woh..darasal meri friend mera wait kar rahi hain and I always like to be punctual and today I got late. But its not my fault you see..mein aahi rahi thi ki mere professor ne..”
Rohan smiles: I think you should be giving this explanation to your friend, not me.
She smiles: I know. (A slight pause and then she gestures her dupatta.) Thank you. (Rohan nods.) Oh..by the way, I am Aishwarya. (She extends her hand and Rohan shakes it.)
Rohan: Rohan.
Aishwarya gestures towards the college that’s right opposite to the coffee shop: Mein yahaa college mein student hoon. MA Econometrics.
Rohan nods: Mein yahaa ka SP.
Aishwarya’s eyes go round: Oh Wow! Really? (Before she could add more, Sharma walks up to them.)
Sharma salutes: Sir..sorry..aane mein thodi der hogayi. We got the driver we have been searching for sir.
Rohan’s whole demeanour changes. He looks at Aishwarya, who still has not moved from the spot..nor has she blinked: Ji..I have to go. It was nice talking to you.
Aishwarya nods: Same here. Take care.
Rohan gives a small wave followed by “You too” before walking away with Sharma. Another girl comes and taps Aishwarya on the shoulder: Oye..kya hua?
Aishwarya smiles: Pyaar
Her friend gets a disbelieving look on her face: KYA?
Aishwarya pulls her along: Chal chal mere saath chal..we have to find out more about Ahmedabad ka SP. Chai baad mein peelena. Chal yaar.
About an hour later:
Manav’s car comes to a halt in front of Sruti’s house. Armaan, who has been silent for the last 5 minutes finally looks at Manav..the disbelief still evident on his face: You mean..I didn’t do anything? (Manav nods. Armaan shakes his head as if the whole thing still hasn’t sunk into him. When Manav had gone to CGH and almost dragged him out of the paediatric ward, this wasn’t what he was expecting. Anything but..THIS!)
adeswal
Pro Member

Post by adeswal »

Manav puts a hand over his shoulder: Armaan..you held on to the guilt for 10 years for something that never even happened. Ab ek minute bhi waste mat kar yaar. Jaa..(He gestures towards the door, which is now open and Sruti standing there with a smile on her face.) Jaao Armaan..tumhaari zindagi tumhaara intezaar kar rahi hain. (Just then Manav’s phone starts ringing and his face lights up when he sees the caller id. He shows the phone to Armaan.) Aur mein chala apne zindagi ke paas. (He answers the phone.) Haan Nisha..yeah yeah..I am on my way..arre baba aaraha hoon na. Buss 10 minute. Ok?
And shuts the phone. Both friends slap each other’s back and smile before Armaan gets down from the car and walks towards Sruti. Manav backs out the car to go home with a wave at them both. The timing almost coinciding with Rohan striding towards Abhimanyu’s office with the arrest warrant in his hand.
------x------

Other books from the Author
“No. I am neither curious nor do I care. And since it’s a business deal we just signed, I won’t say thank you. I will check with my bank tomorrow evening.”

Being an illegitimate daughter, Nidhi has faced enough things in her life since her childhood which included being called a bastard in front of the whole class. So entering into some kind of contract marriage is the least of her worries…especially if it means getting the money for her mother’s treatment.
“Do you love me? I am ready to fight the world for you. But you need to tell me what’s in your heart. Do you love me?”
But she hadn’t counted on meeting Abhay Shrivastav...or falling in love with him. And it was not just the contract that was holding her back. Her past has the ability to destroy her future and the present, such as it was. The temptation to hide the shameful secret of her life gnaws her insides. But truth has a way of showing itself one way or the other.
Every scar tells a story. A story that says, “I survived”. But a few scars tell the story of a wound that never really healed.
Dr Avinash Singh has a scar from his past. A past that he got over by shutting himself off from his family, his friends and the world. Or he thought he got over, until...

Until he meets Dr Juhi, an intelligent, smart, vibrant girl whose middle name spelt ‘mischief’. Yet behind all that seemingly fun attitude lay a large heart and nerves of steel. All her strength may be required to heal Avinash’s wounds. But, will that be enough? Will Juhi be able to help Avinash really heal and get his scars to tell a different story?
After the death of her daughter, all Megha felt was a terrible emptiness. And a hope that she could one day see the child that she had given up in a desperate attempt to save her daughter from the terrible illness.
Then destiny sends Akash into her life. But what she didn’t know was that meeting him would resurrect the half-truths, secrets and unspeakable lies that surrounded the child’s birth. Because it really meant she had fallen for the man who had fathered that child of hers.
Is there anything called Perfect Love?
Gaurav Tagore, a guy with a dark past who scoffs at love. Nothing matters to him except the company he and his friends had built from ground up. He works his Lethal Magic on women to get what he wants – be it their warm, eager bodies or corporate secrets. Until Sanjana enters his office and his life.
Sanjana Sinha, a girl on the run from her past who is petrified at the word – Love. Her sole focus is not to draw anyone’s attention on herself while she painstakingly is rebuilding her life. Until Gaurav walks into her workspace and her life.
What do fates have in store for these two scarred souls? What would happen when they meet? When the past that they are both trying to escape from comes to stand in front of them?

“All I wanted was a son. A boy. An heir. To carry the family name and the company forward into the future. Instead I got you! Two daughters. Fit for nothing except to marry someone and walk away.”
Kajal Rathore had walked out of her home and her father after that confrontation, making a life and living it on her own terms. Away from the archaic chauvinism that made her father reject her because she was not the son he wanted.
Now her father’s flailing health has brought her back to her home. And to the company that had been in her family for generations. Once Kajal had had a dream of becoming a part of that company and now fates were handing over that dream. But to claim it, she will have to confront the father who denies her, the mother who never stood up for her, the sister who needs her and the man who wants her.
“I want you to marry Kajal. I don’t..I can’t trust her with Rathore Industries. But I don’t have a choice. But if you are beside her, I would never have to worry. Marry her and the company would be yours.”
Arjun Shekhawat was deeply indebted to his boss. The man who had been his godfather and his mentor. Refusing him was not on cards. Even when it was something as personal as marriage. After all, it was a win-win situation.
But keeping the promise meant getting close to his boss’s daughter. Close enough to win her trust, to appreciate the person that she was and the secrets that surrounded her. Close enough to realize that he had unwittingly agreed to become the weapon that would one day be used against her.
Dr Srikar Arora. One of the top neurosurgeons in the country. An exemplary doctor and a loner by nature. His heart was well and truly locked away behind the walls as thick as the Fort Knox. Only the man who raised him as his own knew the reason behind his life’s choices. Having been a victim of horrifying child abuse and having watched his mother bludgeoned to death by his own father, he vowed to himself that the circle of violence would end with him.
Your genetics load the gun. Your lifestyle pulls the trigger. – Mehmet Oz
He was a loaded gun. And he was determined that there would be no victims like his mother. Or himself.
One fine day in walked Saanvi Grover. The vivacious intern who was fifteen years his junior, did the impossible. She infiltrated through the tight secure walls and reached his heart with astounding ease. He fought, he dodged but he was no match to her unconditional love and unwavering faith. Too tempted and too weak to resist, he made her his under the condition that they would have no children, natural or adopted, of their own.
But fate apparently had other plans. What would he do? Leave his pregnant wife because he had vowed to protect her and the baby from himself? Or prove that love was stronger than DNA?
Retired from IAF after an injury, fighter pilot Sidharth is looking for a new purpose to his life. Something meaningful he can impact and shape with his own hands. He takes up the wishes of his father that sets him on a course to be the CM of the state. With him is Avantika, his childhood friend. She joins his team as a campaign manager, unconvinced if Sidharth will do whatever it takes to win.

Avantika never loses at anything in life. Yet, gradually Sidharth wins over her and the team with his approach to life. As unknown forces start plotting to assassinate Sidharth, Avantika entwines her life with his, both professionally and personally.
Will they foil those plans? Will they succeed in navigating through the arduous path to power – full of betrayal and lies. Will their love survive the clash with power and loyalty? Will this change them to the core?
In the heat and dust of Andhra, Suvika spins a tale of lies, betrayal, power, loyalty and love.
Samaira Deshmukh wakes up from a coma with no memory of the last 6 years. Hidden in the depths of her mind are clues to a psychopathic killer she was tracking before the accident. She can stop the killer from striking again, if only she can remember her past. The only person that she trusts is her husband Dhruv. But are things truly as they seem? What was he hiding?
On the verge of getting divorced, Dr Dhruv Deshmukh finds his wife thinking they are just getting hitched. Now he is stuck between wanting to tell the truth of their marriage and seizing a second chance at rebuilding it. With Samaira recovering, how will Dhruv handle the unpleasant past that he himself wishes to erase?
DCP Prithvi Raval is sure that Samaira’s accident was no accident. But with her memories gone, she doesn’t recognize Prithvi anymore. For Prithvi she is not just a partner in the investigation, but someone he has fallen in love. He needs Samaira to remember before the killer’s trail goes cold. And rekindle the relationship he believes was developing between them.
As the trio team-up, trying to beat the maniac at his own game, Dhruv and Prithvi each begin to wonder if Samaira would ever be a part of their lives.
As Pune witnesses a string of horrifying crimes, Samaira holds the clue to catching the killer. Caught between the past and present, will she be able to unlock her memories in time?
In this gripping tale, Suvika takes her readers through a narrative of spine-chilling crime and intense passion where memories swim in time backward and forward!

end